Thursday, July 9, 2009

Foiled again!

Confirmed -- the NZ rental agency won't take my temporary USA license. It isn't valid enough.

So, what to do while waiting around for 10 days for the little piece of plastic to arrive?


Top items off the top of my head:

* Explore half-moon bay for a week -- too expensive, hotels are 250-500/night there. Even if we drive every day there & back, the gas is considerable, more than an RV in NZ would cost in our little jaunts...

* Do a tour of bay area museums again, could be fun.

* Grab some $60 tix to LA, stay with friends and go to Disneyland for a week. Possible, but Jee & Aee hate crowds and heat even more than I do.

* Enroll them in camps. Too expensive!

* Hire The Most Awesome Babysitters (who are not related to us) to watch the wee ones for 1/2 days, just enough so that the day balances out. Jee and Aee get four hours of non-stop board game time while I work, then they play at the shop while I work. Then we all breath a deep sigh and play together a bit.

Sounds good, but this is what we have been doing for the last two weeks. Plus, The Most Awesome Babysitter team is out of town.


Those $300-something tickets to Spain are looking better every day.