Sunday, July 5, 2009

How to enrol in NZ schools

Tonight I sent out 20+ queries to state schools (one type of public school) up and down NZ. I got the first reply back. Woot! The schools must be sanctioned through the gov't. There's a tuition we pay per week but it's quite reasonable. I would prefer a school w/o uniforms. There are several types of public schools in NZ / AU, but the state schools are 85% of the enrolments. "Enrol" has only one "l" in their spelling and it drives me nuts. I want to scratch a second "l" onto the computer screen... my finger is itching... scratch just one more "l"...

But I will resist and wait for replies from the other 20-something schools.

I picked schools I liked in random locations that seem like fun villages to stay in for a few weeks.

I have no idea what I'm getting myself (and the kids) into.