Monday, March 31, 2008

Off and running

Today I said goodbye to my eldest and my husband. They are off to explore the east coast, Eee's old stomping ground. A few oddities:

* It's the first vacation Eee has ever taken, literally the first. Every other trip has been for family reunions, funerals, work, or other obligations. Once he went to Mexico with a school group. Never has he taken his own self-propelled vacation. Wow.

* It's the first time Vee has seen the east coast, a deep regret of mine. I wish I had taken my kids on the get-to-know-America tour back in their middle school years when it was most appropriate.

* It's the first time in a long time that Vee and Eee have had a chance to hang out, just the two of them, since we used to do Father/Son Time ages ago, literally five years ago. Wow.