Thursday, June 26, 2008

Bad at math

I have always enjoyed math games, but I appear to have failed at the latest one.

What happens when you take an already-full 24 hour day and add an extra 4 hours of work into it?

Squeeeeeze.

It turns out that Jee's skateboarding camp is a full hour drive each way. I didn't bother to calculate ahead of time, before signing him up how that drive would impact the day.

It's worth it, oh so worth it, but wow, four hours? That's a beefy drive full of great audibooks ("Eat that Frog" and "Social Intelligence" and NPR shows).

It wasn't until this morning that I realized, "Doh! If I would have thought this out ahead of time, I would have realized that I can't do it."

Sometimes it helps to not think things through. Jee is having a great camping experience. Period.