Friday, December 28, 2007

I love...

1. I love accounting. It feels oh-so-good to have the details smoothed out so crisp.

2. I love (occasionally) staying up late at night with my best friend. It reminds me of late nights in college.

3. I love the fact that I look forward to seeing my kids in the morning.

At 11pm tonight, "I can't wait to see Jee in the morning. I wonder if he'll remember to water his GrassHead (a science experiment)"

At 12midnight, "I can't wait to see Aee in the morning. How much does she like her new bike?" (I haven't had a chance to see it yet.)

At 1 am, "I can't wait to see Kee in the morning. I bet he'll make belgian waffles for us. Or crepes."

At nearly 2 am, "I can't wait to see Vee in the morning. I bet he'll keep everybody quiet until we wake up."

Ha.

Today's best part: seeing "Siddhartha" performed by a 16 & under actor's troop at The Marsh in SF.

(Note: I'm trying to focus on stronger, more consistent gratitude throughout the day. I think it will help ease the tension headaches.)

Gratitude points for today:

* that I got to relax during the show, letting my mind wander
* that my teenagers liked the show
* that we went with good friends who know how to have fun, relax, and have nourishing conversation
* that my daughter does the most amazing "Mommy, you're home!" when I walk in the door
* that my little son can do heart-warming telephone conversations, "So, Mom, what-cha-up-toooo?"

Ah, headache eased. I needed my gratitude fix.