Monday, July 21, 2008

Birthday Marathon

Vee and Kee's sweet 16 (and 17) birthday party went from 12 noon on Friday to 10 am on Saturday. Whew. I'm still tired.

It was my job to supply them with food: pizza, Caesar salads, sandwiches, chips, popcorn, cake, and of course, lots of goodies.

They had their party in the lower level of our home, usually a rental unit, but the previous tenants moved out and we haven't filled it yet with new tenants. The boys actually have their own independent house right now. I'm not completely sure how I feel about that...

For their party, Kee and I bought a big stack of new Nerf guns, cross bows, and other goodies. Their games got a bit too "big" for the house so they ran over to a park that's a block away and did a huge capture the flag game (more on that in a different post).

Back at the house they had a few rounds of games like RISK, Settlers of Catan, Mao, and Munchkin Fu. They also set up one room as "The Wii Room" and another as "The X-box Room".

I was trying to think back to what I did for my sweet 16, but I think I was in the Loire Valley at the time... I don't think I celebrated it at all. Mom and Dad, remind me if I'm remembering wrong! Eee can't remember what he did for his sweet 16 either.