Thursday, August 23, 2007

Snowball Effect

Don't you love it when things start snowballing in a certain direction until it all gets so big that you just know it's going to squash you? And you know that when you first formed that snowball in your little hands, it was so adorable and promising?

Today's snowball ended with the doc saying my little Jee has been scheduled for emergency surgery in the morning. If only that had been the worst announcement of the day...

So, on the particularly bad days, I try to find the silver lining:

1. When Jee is sick, he will snuggle for hours. I will get to read to him for most of the day while the anesthesia wears off, forgetting about the appointments on the board.

2. I don't have to ask anyone's permission for time off to take my son to the hospital.

3. I have a really cool new laptop to play with while Jee is in surgery and there is a teensy little chance (but still a chance!) that it's uber-ness will give me a few moments of respite while my son is being brutally ripped at. Maybe a few seconds. I doubt it, but maybe.

Ok, fine there are not many good aspects of this sort of thing, so maybe look elsewhere:

4. My daughter adores me. I adore her.

5. My eldest son is fully capable of yelling at the top of his lungs in front of everyone, "I LOVE YOU MOM!"

6. My husband is my best friend, my closest confidant, and by far, the most intelligent person I know. Still.