Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What will he be?

You know how, as a young mother, you watch your toddler eat full-fisted, smashing the food against the sides of his mouth as well as the main "entrance". You sit there and wonder, "Oh yeah, he's going to be such a refined adult someday..."

Well...

My eldest, Vee, took a college what-will-I-be-when-I grow-up test and it showed that he will be a:

Latin philosopher robotics engineer

The funniest part is that I can actually envision what that job would entail, which institutions might seek such an odd mix, and how he could implement those varied interests into a meaningful, contributing adult life.

It's so sad. One day he was shoving his dinner all over his rosy cheeks. The next day, he's a young man with such definitive tastes, he can identify different types of apples by flavor and texture (blind test).

Never in my wildest dreams did I think he might grow up to be Latin philosopher robotics engineer.